LINK TO PROGRAM AGENDA
Students will learn to:
- Describe the various additive manufacturing techniques in metalcasting
- Describe the 3D sand printing process
- List the process and design considerations for casting quality
- Describe cost implications of the process and their advantages and disadvantages
- Identify the optimal type of parts for the process
- Identify methods to improve designs
- Describe the role of the casting process simulation
Learn sensor programs and get hands-on experience with 3D sand printed molds in the Wolf Foundry at Missouri S&T.
AFS Course Instructor:
Jiten Shah, Product Development & Analysis LLC
Jiten Shah, the founder and president of Product Development & Analysis (PDA) LLC has over 30 years of experience with metal casting design and manufacturing for various alloys, processes, size and complexity; working with various OEMs and metal casters. Mr. Shah is a foundryman with hands-on proficiency using various CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) tools such as CAD, FEA, CFD, Process Simulation and 3D scanning; has Masters in Mechanical and Aerospace as well as Foundry Technologies. Mr. Shah specializes in new product & process development, re-design for optimization, reverse engineering, additive digital manufacturing and value engineering of metal castings. Mr. Shah also has been actively participating and managing various contract research projects related to metal casting since mid 90s, has over 35 published and presented papers and a few patents.