Title: Hit a Homerun Managing Your All-Star Team Roundtable Theme: From drafting the players to their final season and everything in between. “From drafting your All-Star to their final season and everything in between.”
Come join other metalcasting professionals and talk about topics that impact your organization: Assessing talent, facilitating interviewing, effective training and tracking systems, safety, performance reviews, handling office gossip and terminations. Just some of the topics that will be discussed at the roundtable on July 23, 2019 at Miller Park in Milwaukee, WI. The one-day interactive roundtable includes lunch and an evening networking event at Miller Park with great seats to the Milwaukee Brewers versus the Cincinnati Reds. Meeting location: Aaron Room Miller ParkOne Brewers WayMilwaukee, WI 53214 Website: https://www.mlb.com/brewers/ballpark/events Schedule: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Working Lunch 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Roundtable Discussions
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – NetworkingJoin us in the Aaron room for beverages and appetizers and networking. Your paid registered guest can attend this event. 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Stadium SeatingMilwaukee Brewers versus Cincinnati Reds
- Scouting for your All-Star
- Assessing the Talent: Pre-employment screenings, etc.
- How are you finding good players for your organization?
- Facilitating interviewing in your organization, are you doing it successfully?
- Drafting and Signing your All-Star
- Effective training and systems to track
- Safety - Are you doing all you should as an organization?
- Getting your All-Star acclimated sooner – Are they hitting the ground running?
- Moving you All-Star to the Minors
- Performance reviews - How are you dealing with outside influences on performance?
- How to maneuver when the rumor mill is churning
- Are you doing anything unique for performance reviews at your location?
- Handling fit for duty in an aging workforce
- Is your All-Star ready for the Majors?
- Managing the injured reserve list – mental health issues, etc.
- Operations and HR as team players
- Terminations are a team effort
- Performance Plans
Hotel Information:Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West10499 Innovation DriveWauwatosa, WI 532269(414) 475-9500Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West ReservationsRoom Rate: $129.00 King Leisure Standard room To reserve a room go to :Or call the hotel at 866-270-4552 and mention you are with the American Foundry Society. The room rate is $129.00 per night. Check-in time is 3pm (you will able able to store your luggage until check-in at the hotel) Check out time is 11:00 a.m. Hotel reservations are due no later than 6/23/19. Hotel reservations made after 6/23/19 will be confirmed on a space available basis, possibly at a higher rate. NOTE: In order to guarantee that you are seated with the other attendees at the baseball game, you must register for this event no later than 6/23/19. You can store your luggage at the Crowne Plaza since check-in is 3pm. There is an 11 a.m. shuttle from Crowne Plaza to Miller Stadium that will bring you to the meeting. Return shuttle from Miller Park runs continually after the 8th inning, but it is first come first serve for all guests so you will be sharing with other hotel guests. The shuttle makes time scheduled runs to the game, on the hour, 4 hours prior to the game, then 3 hours and 2 hours. Room Cancellations: If you need to cancel your room reservation, you must do so before 3pm the day before arrival to avoid a cancellation/no show fee.