Casting Copper-Base Alloys, 3rd Edition
Your Price: $180.00
Product No: NF1600, ISBN: 978-0-87433-446-3
Softcover; 8½ x 11, 342 pages
The original contributors to the second edition of the Casting Copper-Base Alloys felt that it was time to update several key chapters and also add a new chapter (Copper Alloys for Special Applications) that deals with the issues that impact the copper industry in the future, specifically copper’s antimicrobial properties.
Other changes include: updates to conforming specifications; revisions in casting processes and materials; a section on venting added to the Gating chapter; updates to chapters on Leaded and Unleaded Red Brasses, Properties of Cast Copper-Base Alloys and Health & Safety Aspects.
The third edition contains over 300 pages, with new and updated artwork.
- Table of Contents:
- 1—Standard Designations for Copper and Copper Alloys
- 2—Conforming Specifications for Copper-Base Alloys
- 3—Casting Processes and Materials
- 4—Melting Equipment
- 5—Melt Control
- 8—Solidification, Feeding & Design
- 9—Copper-Tin-Lead-Zinc Alloys—Leaded and Unleaded Red Brasses and Tin Bronzes
- 10—Leaded and High-Strength Yellow Brasses
- 11—Aluminum Bronze Alloys
- 12—Copper-Silicon Alloys
- 13—Copper-Base Alloys with Nickel and Monel Metal
- 14—High-Conductivity Copper and High-Copper Alloys
- 15—Common Defects in Sand-Cast Copper-Base Alloys
- 16—Quality Control of Copper-Base Alloys
- 17—Properties of Cast Copper-Base Alloys
- 18—Health and Safety Aspects of Copper-Base Alloy Foundry Practice
- 19— Copper Alloys for Special Applications
Keywords: Copper, copper alloys, casting, foundry, brass, bronze.